Be Local is a network of local businesses that care about the community and the environment.
We want you to "Be Local" because your money does more good when it's spent at local businesses. It's used to:
- purchase renewable energy that keeps our air clean;
- reduce waste and conserve resources through recycling and composting programs;
- pay Calgary workers a Living Wage so there is less poverty in our communities;
- create orchards in areas where people can't afford fresh fruit; and
- is spent at other local businesses and non-profits so that we can all prosper.
Locally owned businesses spend, on average, 25% more of their revenue locally. This means your money recirculates in Calgary 2-4x and creates more good each time it changes hands. This multiplier effect means you aren't just supporting one business' green efforts, you are supporting many.
Members of the Be Local network are at the forefront of the new
economy, demonstrating that business can make a fair profit while
contributing to healthy and prosperous communities.
Want to connect about being local?
Be Local is here to help!
Centaine Hlushak, Community Leader